Ask these questions about people you interact with like your boss, spouse, or children.
- Ever wonder why there are some people you just don’t seem to connect with?
- Why is it when your boss/spouse/children say something to you very directly it hurts your feelings?
- Has one of them ever done something repeatedly that just drives you batty?
- Do you get your feathers ruffled around some people?
- Are there some people you just love to be around because they are always so much fun?
- Or maybe they are TOO chatty for you and you just want them to GET TO THE POINT?!
- Do they need ALL the facts to make a decision?
- She/he is NEVER on time and it really irritates you….or they change the schedule at the last minute and you just want to pull your hair out?
The answer to these questions is PERSONALITY STYLES. There are so many versions out there – DISC – Fire, Wind, Water, Earth – Red, Blue, Yellow. Green – Choleric, Sanguine, Melancholic, Phlegmatic – Lion, Otter, Golden Retriever, Beaver – Sharks, Dolphins, Whales, Sea Urchins – doesn’t matter what you call them – there are always four different personality styles you will fit in to.
As a life and business coach, I train on Personality Styles using the colors. For sake of my blog, I will use colors, however, I have included a graphic that indicates some of the other descriptions of personality types that go with each color. You can be a mix of these but you will have a dominate style. I am a Blue dominate (fun) but I have a very strong Red side (in control) – almost as equal. In other words, I am in charge of my chaos which creates a challenge I have fun with!! I have to work hard to find my Green side (factual/structured) or my Yellow side (quiet helper).
Most people are able to pull forth their secondary style in situations when needed. You find you might be your natural dominate style around friends and family and then another style at work. Over the next couple of weeks, I am going to break the styles down individually so that you can clearly understand each and begin to understand the answers to some of the questions above.
You will also learn how to recognize and work with each personality type. By knowing this, you will know the strengths and weaknesses of each. In short….your life is going to be SO much simpler once you clearly understand the concept of Personality Styles. If you are in a leadership position at work, if you are in sales where you interact with many different people, this is a MUST MASTER subject for you!
Don’t miss one of these blogs as I unveil each Personality Style!
You will love how much simpler this makes your life!
Be sure to click FOLLOW on the right so you will be notified when a new post is up! Share this link with your friends and business associates too!